Found a tiny bug in this version.
(Another) New ZAGS Build, and YAGS is coming to Steam!
New ZAGS Build
There's a new ZAGS build (v1.0717.0) that fixes a bunch of bugs and makes the secret route a bit more accessible. It's recommended that you update if you're going for 100% completion, because previously some dev process items were not unlockable (and the secret route is more easily obtainable now).
Changes since the last build:
- A new "Very Easy" difficulty setting unlocks if you've obtained the good ending on the four regular routes; this difficulty is the same as Easy difficulty except it also significantly reduces the requirements for the secret route
- Obtaining the good ending for all four regular routes now properly unlocks the associated bonuses (including the above setting)
- Malik hookups now show up in planner notes
- Dan's route is a bit easier to start in standard and easy modes
- Planner hover text now distinguishes Mark workout days, Malik desk days, and Mike Q&A days
- There's a new a button to hide the textbox on mobile
- Lots and lots of bug fixes
The game is at 242,642 words, 22,522 dialogue blocks, and 484 menus.
If you've already completed all four regular routes, you'll need to hit any ending again to unlock the new difficulty setting (because of the second bug, above). You can load a save near the end and just skip... the ending you get does not matter.
This is hopefully the last bug fix release for a while, but please continue reporting bugs to me through the usual channels.
(And the usual thanks to Rob Colton for helping with the mac build)
YAGS Is Coming to Steam!
If you enjoyed YAGS (and ZAGS), please wishlist the game, and download it when it's available.
It's free (as always), and you should be able to sync existing achievements through the itch version with Steam (although that part is admittedly untested).
Visit the steam page here to wishlist and download once it's out: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1690530/Yearning_A_Gay_Story/